Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Chelsea Striker Didier Drogba Hoping To Return To His Best After Suffering From Malaria

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is certain that he will return to his peak in no time, despite recently being diagnosed with malaria.

The Ivory Coast international had been unable to make consistent appearances for his team in recent times, but only recently found out that it was due to the infectious disease rather than a common fever.

The 32-year-old should be able to make a full recovery from the illnessin time, Drogba also hopes the early diagnosis will enable him to get back to his best as soon as possible.

"I want to score every game but when you can’t, when you’re not 100 percent, it’s better to try a way to help your team mates, maybe creating assists, maybe defending a little bit more," Drogba told the club's official website.

"I think I’ll get better and start to score again and if that’s what people want I think I can do that."

He added: "When you don’t know exactly what it [the illness] is and it’s not treated, it can come and go.

"You have some weeks when the fever can be high, that’s what I had, but now it will be better.

"Unfortunately we only found out [on Monday] it was malaria but I’ve had it for a month now. Now we know exactly what it is we can go forward."

Drogba is expected to recover in time to make a start in the west London derby against Fulham.

No comments:

Post a Comment